Help-U-Sell® Real Estate Frequently Asked Questions
Help-U-Sell® Real Estate General Questions
1. How does Help-U-Sell® Real Estate work?
Our program is firmly based on saving homeowners money when they sell. At first glance, it may look like we just charge less, but it’s much more than that. We do everything ordinary real estate brokers do - and more - with a few very important twists.
- Our brokers charge a Set Fee for their services, as opposed to the old percentage commission model.
- We also charge you based on how your home actually sells. If there are no outside brokers or agents involved in the transaction, you don’t pay for them.
- No matter how your house sells, you’ll save over what an ordinary broker might charge.
2. What is a Set Fee and how does it work?
The old percentage based commission model is 100 years old and way out of date. Think about it.
- If your home is worth $300,000 and you sell through an ordinary broker who charges, say, 6%, you’ll pay $18,000 at closing.
- If your neighbor, in a smaller home worth $200,000 sells through the same broker with the same terms, he’ll pay just $12,000.
- What did you get for the additional $6,000 you paid?
You see: it makes no sense. We charge a Low Set Fee for service. It is a dollar amount like any other professional service might charge, not a percentage. The fee varies by office, but within a particular marketplace everyone pretty much pays the same thing, and it’s way less than what ordinary real estate brokers charge.
3. How can Help-U-Sell® Real Estate charge such low fees for its services?
We employ a completely different business model than our ordinary real estate peers. Their model is agent based, where success is defined by the number of agents in an office.The high commissions charged are necessary to support all of that personnel and the facilities they require.
Our system is based on the needs of our sellers: getting the home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible, AND paying a fair and reasonable fee to get it done! Our offices are small and efficient, employing a team of specialists that function as a unit in the marketing and selling of your home.
4. Do you also represent buyers?
Yes. Help-U-Sell® Real Estate is a full-service real estate organization representing both buyers and sellers. We can help a buyer purchase any home for sale in the market, not just Help-U-Sell® Real Estate listings. We take the time to learn what our buyers are looking for and represent their best interests throughout the home purchase process.
5. Why does Help-U-Sell® Real Estate work?
Its simple. We are consumer-centric. Sellers appreciate the fact that our Brokers spend their time marketing properties instead of marketing themselves and recruiting agents. Our Buyers appreciate the fact that we are experts in their neighborhood and that our website contains all of the local MLS listings, and, in many cases, more.
Our unique marketing strategies drive an unprecedented amount of traffic to our website and offices, which results in many buyers for our listings and many new listings. Additionally, our streamlined operations and cost efficiencies translate into low overhead and savings that we pass along to consumers with our low set fee.
6. Are Help-U-Sell® Agents licensed?
Yes. All Help-U-Sell® Brokers and Agents are licensed, members of their local MLS boards and members of the National Association of Realtors®.
7. What advantages does Help-U-Sell® Real Estate offer as compared to a traditional Realtor®?
Help-U-Sell® Real Estate offers several advantages over traditional real estate companies:
- 1. Set-Fee. You know upfront exactly how much it is going to cost to sell your home and how much equity you will retain.
- 2. More Equity. In most cases, our set fee is significantly lower than any other traditional real estate company would charge in their commission. This means that you retain more of your equity.
- 3. More Experience. The average agent typically handles less than 10 transactions a year, while our agents and brokers handle dozens, which means more in-depth market knowledge, more experience solving problems and more value for our buyers and sellers.
8. Since your fees are lower, does that mean you hire inexperienced agents and pay them less?
Actually, almost all of our brokers are seasoned agents, and many are also top producers in their local area. Statistics show that our listings consistently beat the national average in terms of number of days on market and sale price to list price ratio. In addition, our brokers and agents consistently conduct more transactions per year than the average real estate agent.
9. Are there any hidden fees that I don't know about? Up Front Fees ?
No. Our fee is paid at closing and you’ll know exactly what to expect at the time of listing. Nothing is hidden and nothing is charged up front.
10. Won't buyer's agents boycott my listing?
No. In fact, more than 60% of our listed properties are sold by outside brokers. You see, buyer brokers search many sources for their clients, and they understand the advantages of Help-U-Sell® Real Estate. Our listings have been sold by every major real estate company and we have a long history of excellent relationships with our colleagues in the industry.
11. How should I price my home? Next Step - list of services
We will provide you with a Competitive Market Analysis that will provide you with information regarding the price range of similar home sales in your area as well as with information on current sale conditions so you can choose a price you feel is appropriate for your home.